Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dettol’s Det ready for return

Dettol midfielder Det is ready to return to action after missing 2 important match this season.

The 24-year old has played his last match during the defeat against Black Emperor after quiting Fire & Flames admits although he is not yet back to full fitness, he believes he is capable of making an impact off the bench against Cool United on the final match.

“To say I’m dying to get out there is an understatement,” he said.

“I think it’s time to step up and try to go that next level now. I’ve played only one game this season and I want more action.

“The match fitness has still got to get there but I think I’ll benefit more from it, and preparing for next season.

“If I can get some time off the bench, hopefully starting next match – that’s up to Sir Ome I guess – I’ll be putting my hand up for sure.”

Det said he was determined to get himself back to 100% but said it was more important to do what he can to assist the Dettol in their bid to win the loser pool and to defend the Champion league title next season.

“The main thing for me is to get out there and try and get my match fitness up but ultimately at the end of the day I want to help the team improve and get higher up the ladder,” he added.

No comments: