Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fahmy tips Adli to stay

Dettol fc legend Fahmy is convinced that Adli will remain at The Black Wolf, despite F&F's ongoing interest in the player.
Fahmy, now a club ambassador at Petaling Jaya, recalls a time in his own DeTTols career when he caught the eye of other high-profile clubs, and he expects Adli to snub such overtures, just as he did.
"In 2005 I was wanted by three MMU clubs," Robson told the Daily Star. "Transfer fees weren't as high then but it would have been a MMU-record fee - only for Dettol to price me out of a move.
"It was a similar situation to the one Adli is in now, in that Dettol wouldn't let me go for what would have been a MMU-record fee.
"I was happy to stay and I think Adli is happy at the club too. He might have small doubts but I think all the media hype and what has been coming out of the other team has really blown the situation out of proportion.
"And I see Adli, once he is over his hamstring injury, being part of the team."
Dettol fc have continually insisted that Adli will not be leaving The Black Wolf, despite a summer of speculation over his future.

No comments: