Friday, April 17, 2009

Syahir used Eng How as role model

The night before the game against Wizurai-Syahir are looking back at the mistake he made in previous game




DeTTol FC centre-back Syahir "Shuffling Header" has said that team-mate Eng How "Tembok Besar China" has been the main influence in his professional career.He spoke to the MMU.com after a steady display against Wizurai yesterday.

"Obviously Eng How was in my position, totally like me,unknown to everybody, before people could recognize him now" Syahir told MMU.com. "It made me think I could achieve that as well.

"I think the thing I learned from Eng How was that he came through a similar path as I did. So that gave me the belief that I could do the same."

The defender also revealed that there were a number of other talented individuals at The Antiseptic who left their mark.

"There were some great talents," he said. "I always watch skipper Noxs when he is on the field, when I was a youth team player, watching him train.

"Che Mad was there when I came through - all these guys were good players.

"When I finally broke through, playing and training with players like Eng How, Song Wei ,Che Mad and Noxs, players I've watched over the trimester, they inspired me.

"You pick up things just from watching. I took things from different players. It's what you are willing to take in."

1 comment:

alpha_ramsis said...

UPG :: PEERS CARNIVAL II : STREETBALL & STREET SOCCER TOURNAMENT 2009

Dear all,

In conjunction with UPG Peers Carnival II 2009, University Peer Group (UPG)
Multimedia University Cyberjaya Campus would like to bring you, STREETBALL &
STREET SOCCER TOURNAMENT 2009. The details are:-

Date : 21st - 23rd April 2009
Venue: HB4 Court
Time : 8-11pm

Interesting prizes to be won!

Street Soccer: (5 players, 2 subs = 7 pax)
1st: RM300 + medal
2nd: RM200 + medal
3rd: RM100 + medal

Streetball: (3 players, 1 subs = 4 pax)
1st: RM150 + medal
2nd: RM100 + medal
3rd: RM50 + medal

Registration Fees:
Street Soccer = RM50 per team
Streetball = RM30 per team

Closing date for registration: Monday 20th April 2009, before 6pm.
For registration, or for any enquiries, contact:

Mukhlish - 0133337288 mooq_leez@yahoo.com
Noriman - 0125654466 noriman25@yahoo.com

Don't miss this golden opportunity!!!


"To Unite, To Develop, To Give"

Regards,

University Peer Group (UPG) 08/09
Multimedia University Cyberjaya
www.upgmmu.org