Sunday, April 19, 2009

Skipper hopes to shake off thigh knock

Noxs hopes to shake off a thigh injury in time to end Mantis' Champion league hopes in Wednesday's quarter final.

The JaGis(Jawa+Bugis) winger hold on through full time into his side's win over Wizurai after a strong challenge from Atoi.

Noxs will confer with team doctors on Sunday to determine the extent of his injury, but is expected to play against Kechik's side.

"I've got a blue mark after the hit on my thigh, but I don't think it's serious," he revealed. "On Sunday I will talk to the doctor and I hope I can play against Mantis, but we will see.

"I took two hits. I've hold on until the final whistle but after that, my leg started to swell and I had to leave.

"This is football. I'm used to it. Obviously I would have liked to help my team-mates. I started the game very well and I thought I could have a great match. But my team-mates had a great game and I have to congratulate them."

Dettol's win over Wizurai was marred by the end of Wizurai unbeaten run this trimester.

He said: "I hope it's a great game of football (against Mantis). I want both teams to finish the match with all 11 players - then it will be a good game.

"It is a special match because I've been friends with many of the players from Mantis for three years and I hope we can win."

No comments: